Hunt Electric is committed to developing, implementing, and evolving a safety and health program that is unparalleled in the electrical industry. We empower our employees to practice safety by choice through training, safe operations and employee input about the quality of our safety culture and practices.
Every day on every jobsite, our teams fill out a safety “F.O.C.U.S.” risk assessment. This tool helps identify hazards, changing conditions, and drives a proactive approach to mitigate potential safety risks.
We conduct our operations with the utmost regard for the safety of our employees, our customers, the public, and the environment. By maintaining a strong focus on safety and continuously improving our safety practices, Hunt Electric stands out in our industry with a remarkable safety history:
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR) for 2021 of 0.62
- Over 4 million man hours without a lost-time incident
- Browz Certified, OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Training, MSHA 5000-23 Training
- e-RAILSAFE Certified Roadway Worker Protection (RWP)/On-track
- Trained adherence to American Public Power Association Safety Manual
NOTABLE SAFETY AWARDS
- Utah Chapter of AGC Achievement of Safety Excellence Diamond Award (2021, 2020, 2018, 2017, 2016)
- Utah Chapter of AGC Achievement of Safety Excellence Gold Award (2019)
- Utah Manufacturer’s Association Workplace Safety Award of Excellence (2018, 2017, 2015, 2013)
- Utah Safety Council Award of Merit (2016, 2015, 2013)
- Utah Chapter of AGC Achievement of Safety Excellence Platinum Award (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)
- Intermountain Power Superintendents Association (IPSA) Safety Award (2014)
- Kennecott/Cornerstone Medallion for Excellence in Safety Award (2012)
- Utah Manufacturer’s Association Award of Merit (2012)
- ABC of Utah Safety Award for Business and Industry (2011)
- Utah Safety Council Perfect Record Award (2010-2011)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) STEP Safety Award, Platinum Level (2010)
EIGHT IN-HOUSE DIVISIONS
A SINGLE POINT OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Since 1986, Hunt Electric has built a solid reputation of providing a wide range of industry-leading services for commercial, industrial, and infrastructure projects throughout the Intermountain West. With our eight in-house divisions, we can assist our clients with any need they have with a single point of accountability.